X20FWD is the result of utilizing design of the X20 touring car.
The chassis is based on the popular mid motor design, using a light weight and strong 1 piece motor mount concept, without any interference between the front and rear chassis flex while still allowing center flex adjustability.
The advantage for this style of design is to allow maximum flex capabilities without impacting the drivetrain, meaning smoother power delivery, more consistency and less chance of stripping spurs.
Overview of the main specs
- All new Serpent Adjustable 50mm shock with 12mm oversize shock body
- All new Serpent Linear bigger bore springs
- Dampers include machined pistons for best possible consistency
- Traditional style ball raced LCG Anti-roll bar
- Pivot ball suspension with small balls for simplicity and free movement
- 4x style arm mount with adjustable castor
- Easy diff and spool removal
- Extremely low center of gravity
- All new steering system for Ackermann geometry
- Motor mount holder with adjustable flex
- Re-Active rear steering RRS system is standard
- 1 piece shaft and motor mount allow easy maintenance and changing of spur gears
- Same heave damper front and rear which is mounted below the diff/spool just above the chassis for lowest possible center of Gravity
- Durable and smooth gear differential
- Battery mounting system allow different layout for the balance
- Lightweight front aluminium spool with hardened steel outdrives, bladeless
- Carbon fibre chassis in 2.0mm hard as standard
- DJC system in the front made out of spring-steel prevent wheel chatter
- Even length Kevlar reinforced drive belt and super true running pulleys, midshaft pulleys made out of hard anodized aluminium for maximum durability